Saroma Greetings !!!
The detailed features of our Accessible Houseboat (Kettuvallam) are given below:
1) This Kettuvallam in the name of Saroma is Gold Star Classified and is mentioned in the official website of Kerala Tourism. Having got this classification, we can proudly present you one of the most luxurious kettuvallams plying in the back waters of Kerala
2) This is a one bedroom boat with a long front lobby which under ideal conditions can seat about 15 guests. This space has been provided to give enough of moving space for guest on wheel chair. It can ideally accommodate two physically challenged persons using wheel chair to move. The bed room is fully air conditioned and ply on diesel engines.3) The boat has an fully functional kitchen and the food is cooked while on sail using all fresh vegetables and meat. The boat will have three staff through out the time of stay of the guest. The room is mosquito protected and the wash room is fully accessible with hot & cold running water.
4) The dinning table & chairs are designed to satisfy the needs of guest who is on wheel. Alighting and coming out of the boat is done using a wooden slope.
5) The food is generally traditional Kerala style. However, the cook is capable to meet the requirements of western guests.
6) The Kettuvallam sail in the back waters at Alappuzha and even goes to Kumarakom for pick up and drop. Check in time is 12.30pm and checkout 9am. After dusk, the boat does not sail and is halted away from the mainland.
I am attaching few snaps of the boat. If you need any more information, do not hesitate to contact me.
K Anil Varma
Director – Sales